Who I am

My photo
Moncton, NB, Canada
Christ-follower. Husband. Dad. Worship Leader. Pastor. Musician.

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

The blog trend continues...

I thought blogs would be just another trend. I had a blog a few years back when I was in university. I stopped after a while because I became uninteresting and bored of writing random thoughts trying tsound interesting. Then, I started to write a blog for my band, Somers, while we began to write and prepare for a new album. Sadly, the album never happened, so the blog didn't either. It's been well over a year & 1/2 since my last confession.
Over the past few months (maybe even year) I've found myself travelling to johnmayer.com and checking out John Mayer's blog. Not only am I a fan of his music and art, but I'm also a fan of intellectual pop-culture icons. He's one of those. I read about his future studio work, new songs, celebrity, relationships, etc. and whatever he's dishing, digging, or dissing that day. I don't consider myself intellectual at all, so I guess it's interesting to read somebody who is; somebody I don't know; somebody who I don't converse with on a daily basis; somebody who shares thoughts on whatever however. Then I thought, "Well, isn't that the point of any blog? To share personal musings on whatever? Maybe I am interested in blogs afterall."
So, here I am, bloggin' about whatever hoping to interest somebody somewhere somehow. I'm not really sure what I'll be bloggin' about, but it's something to pass the time both at work and play. Enjoy... or don't.

No comments: