Who I am

My photo
Moncton, NB, Canada
Christ-follower. Husband. Dad. Worship Leader. Pastor. Musician.

Saturday, September 27, 2008

Preparing for a letdown... not really.

About a month ago, I got asked to lead worship at a youth event in Truro, NS. Since I'm new at the "leading-worship-outside-of-church", I was excited to be asked to lead an event myself. I got together with some buds and had a blast preparing some material and jamming through some worship tunes this morning. Yet, because of Hurricane Whoever, the event was cancelled in lieu of suspected rain and strong winds. We were preparing for a letdown. Ok, not really. I'm sure it was a good call on the committee's part, but what about me? I wanna play.
Fortunately, the event is being rescheduled until November, so we'll still be able to play. On the bright-side, we'll get some more rehearsal time and sound crystal clear... right?

I've also been asked by a Nazarene church in PEI to lead a morning service for a youth-emphasis which I'm really excited about. I've got quite a few friends at the church and it'll be really fun to lead at another Nazarene church outside of my own. On the other hand, I'll be playing alone so I'm sure that'll be a challenge since I'm always relying on great musicians to not only back me up, but bail me out!

God is teaching me things through these small little opportunities he's been blessing me with. I don't know that these opportunities preparing me for full-time worship ministry or not, but he has been teaching me other things like patience, waiting on him for strength, and trust. I'm grateful for the passion for music and ministry he continues to stir in my heart and I can just pray for more.

Currently listening to:
ANBERLIN - Surrender (good album... check it out)
CHRIS TOMLIN - Hello Love (very, very, good... my favorite Tomlin effort since Arriving)

No comments: