Who I am

My photo
Moncton, NB, Canada
Christ-follower. Husband. Dad. Worship Leader. Pastor. Musician.

Friday, December 12, 2008

Video of the Week: "Digital Sea" by Thrice

So, I skipped the "guitar solo of the week" and I'm exchanging it for the "music video of the week".
I like the song more-so than I do this particular video, but the concept is really cool and the song is, well.. fan-friggin'-tastic. Notice how some of the beats/instruments/programing correspond to items on the shelves like meters on a sound-board; teh lights react as well. Cool. The groove is fantastic and the "1's and 0's" ending is pretty rad. I saw a video of them doing it live and, even though they're considered a "post-hardcore" band that is usually pretty loud/heavy, this song (from the Volume ii: Water part of the THE ALCHEMY INDEX) was done with a Rhodes, a Nord Electro, and a harmonica mic running through some kind of small vocoder/keyboard (the the live drummer playing drums and controlling the drum triggers).
Thrice are one of my favorite bands and their last studio effort, "The Alchemy Index: Volumes i, ii, iii, & iv" is absolutely amazing.

No comments: