Who I am

My photo
Moncton, NB, Canada
Christ-follower. Husband. Dad. Worship Leader. Pastor. Musician.

Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Strat for Sale.

For those of you who play guitar, specifically electric guitar, do you have use a backup guitar? Along with my coveted PRS Swamp Ash Special (I covet it in a non-sinful way), I have a 1987 MIJ Fender Strat that I use as a backup. Actually, if I'm being totally honest, I hardly ever use it. I like the feel, tone, and play of my PRS so much that I can't not use it. It's an alright guitar and the 5th strat I've owned. I love teh sound of a strat and I don't think there's many guitar that are better and more versatile. However, I've had the unfortunate experience of never owning a strat I LOVE.

My friend Tim has a really nice Lonestar Strat that he got as a wedding gift years ago and I loved to play that thing. It had that undeniable strat-jangle and sounded like a strat in any amp it was in. Mine dosen't necessarily have that sound & feel to it and it's kind of depressing; I love strats so much but certainly can't afford to purchase one that's "the one" for me. My PRS does have strat capabilities by pulling of the tone knob and splitting the humbuckers (and engaging the Seymour Duncan Hot Rail single coil in between), but it just doesn't sound the same. Although it has a Strat feel, it has the Les Paul sound that is also awesome.

Anywho... I've been trying to sell my strat lately. It doesn't get used very often and I'm sure someone can give it a good home. I'll attach a picture and a link to some other pictures so if you (or anyone you know) is looking for a great electric guitar, let me know and we'll work out a deal. It does have some fretwear, but has been serviced and cleaned (before/after pics are in link) and gives it a "relic'd" look. It's a great guitar and needs a good home. I'm thjnking of selling it (along with a Fulltone Ultimate Octave and Voodoo Labs Microvibe) and buying some pedals I've had my eye on; I'm always looking to perfect the tone on my pedalboard.

Drop me a comment or email if you (or anyone else) is interested:
jcambers at gmail dot com




More pics here:
http://s115.photobucket.com/albums/n291/JamCam0702/1987%20Fender%20MIJ%20Strat/

No comments: