Who I am

My photo
Moncton, NB, Canada
Christ-follower. Husband. Dad. Worship Leader. Pastor. Musician.

Saturday, November 29, 2008

Guitar Solo of the Week: "Invincible" by Matt Bellamy of MUSE

I couldn't find a video of just this guitar solo, so you'll find it between 4:30 and 5:01. But, I absolutely love this whole song so the solo really is the icing on the cake.
The solo isn't too difficult or fancy, but I find it really creative and expressive. Using a whammy and some delay, Matt Bellamy uses hammer-ons for the legato parts (with the whammy pedal heel-down) and then taps a single note (the melody) while pushing the Whammy pedal toe-down. Since this is a live version, it's not as clean as the album's solo, but still pretty neat. I highly recommend you check out this album by MUSE called "Black Holes and Revelations". It's a good'n.

No comments: