Who I am

My photo
Moncton, NB, Canada
Christ-follower. Husband. Dad. Worship Leader. Pastor. Musician.

Thursday, November 6, 2008

Ronery... So, Ronery



I had to get up @ 4:30am on Wednesday morning to drive Catherine and Noah to the airport. That wasn't fun. Then again, I guess I dug my own grave because it was I (and both sets of parents) who bought Catherine a plane ticket for her birthday to Calgary to go visit her sisters and get away with the baby for a week. She deserves it. However, it’s only day 2 of having the house to myself (and Morris), but it’s pretty lonely. I miss seeing Noah’s smiling face in the morning and his giggle when he sees me come home. In a house with an empty oil tank (it’s $1100 to fill!) I miss the warm body to help war things up. Microwavable dinners aren’t as good as home-cookin’ I’ve discovered.
However, I have been able to play a lot more guitar. Once I get home from work, eat supper, play with Noah, and get him to bed, it’s a task to be quiet in the house. Thus, I never have time to play guitar (or else I’ll wake the baby). It’s been nice to warm up the 6L6’s and just play for once. I noticed I’ve really lost a lot of chops lately. With all the rhythm guitar playing I’ve been doing with worship, I seem to have left my lead chops somewhere. While that’s ok (I’m not doing much lead playing anyway) it’s been fun to just turn it up and play.
Also, I’m looking forward to jamming with some friends this weekend. We’re gonna take a hours to jam a few covers and maybe put some chords together and create something else. Who knows. It’ll just be fun to mess around with some other musicians and “create”. I haven’t done that in forever so it’ll nice to see if there’re any creative juices left flowing.

Listening to:
“Gazing” by Future of Forestry
“Feel Good Drag” by Anberlin
“Paperthin Hymn” by Anberlin
“Sometimes” from Across the Universe soundtrack
“While My Guitar Gently Weeps” from Across the Universe soundtrack

No comments: