Who I am

My photo
Moncton, NB, Canada
Christ-follower. Husband. Dad. Worship Leader. Pastor. Musician.

Saturday, January 3, 2009

Guitar Solo of the Week: "Dreams" by Derek Trucks

This clip is taken from "The Allman Brothers Band: Live at the Beacon Theater".
Derek Trucks is by far one of my favorite guitar players. I had the chance to see him back in September but for whatever couldn't make it down to Fredericton to see him. I was disappointed to say the least. But, he is by far one of the best and most creative slide guitar players I've ever heard. Not only that, but he's got fantastic chops beyond the slide. This solo has a little bit of both.
I think you even get a hint of "the brown note" at around 2:58 of the clip. (If you don't know what the "brown note" is, check this clip out of an interview with John Mayer, Derek Trucks, and John Frusciante). This solo rocks; so does the DVD. Enjoy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

nice vid. Last year I saw Warren Haynes at the Harvest and this year I went to see Derek. The Trucks band was incredible! Their dynamics were amazing. He can shred.