Who I am

My photo
Moncton, NB, Canada
Christ-follower. Husband. Dad. Worship Leader. Pastor. Musician.

Thursday, March 12, 2009

Noah's First Birthday

I haven't blogged much about being a dad. I guess it's because it's a position that naturally comes without notice and is a gradual learning process. If I'm being as honest as I can, it's the most frustrating and rewarding thing I've ever had to experience. On the one hand, I'm not sure if there's any better sight than to see my son, Noah, smile and no better sound than to hear him giggle. I know that sounds cliche and sappy, but it's the Gods-honest truth; I'm sure any dad will agree. On the other hand, the first 9 months or so were a bit of a challenge because of loooong nights of 5 or less hours of sleep, headaches from the screaming and crying, and the worries that surround his eating, sleeping, and pooping habits. It's all relative when you're a dad.

But, today Noah is one year old and I couldn't be happier. Not only for him but his health, to see him grow, develop a personality of his own, and see him change daily. A year of my life has never gone faster, and I thank God for the many blessings he's given us, getting us through financial difficulties, and most importantly blessing us with a boy that coudln't make us any happier. Since Noah wasn't planned this earlier in our marriage, God has challenged us to be as good a parent as ours were to us and I believe we're walking in the right direction. I can admit that God still has some things to do inside of me, but I believe He's teaching me and Noah has been a huge part of that.

Noah is starting to walk now (actually, he just took 4 steps and bailed beside me while I write this) and his baby-babble is more prevalent (yet, still irrelevant), and he's sleeping about 10-11 hours a night. He's a beautiful boy and Catherine and I are so proud of him. And, if I can say so, I'm proud of us too. We've survived the first year and I imagine the second will be just as rewarding, exiting, and purely frustrating as the first. Funny thing is, I can't wait.

Happy 1st Birthday Noah.
I love you and can't wait to put skates on you so you can make me millions when you're older.
Or, put you behind a drum-kit so I can have someone to jam with.



PS: I've made a video of Noah's first year and I will post it as soon as I've finished editing it... stay tuned.
PPS: Macs make life so much easier.

No comments: