Who I am

My photo
Moncton, NB, Canada
Christ-follower. Husband. Dad. Worship Leader. Pastor. Musician.

Tuesday, June 23, 2009

A few quick thoughts on anything...

- there's a guy in Nova Scotia selling a Bad Cat Hot Cat 30R and I almost sold my Morris Amps head to purchase it. Anyone wanna lend me $2000?

- The Calgary Flames named their new head coach this afternoon. Brent Sutter just quit his job as the New Jersey Devils coach to work with his big brother Darryl in Calgary. I would have much preferred recently fired Dallas Stars coach Dave Tippett, but Brent will do as he had a great system working for the Devils in New Jersey. The assistant coaches (whom I am very excited about) are former Calgary Hitmen coach Dave Lowry, former Quad City Flames coach Ryan McGill, and the goaltending coach is former Flames back-up and class-act Jamie McLellan.

- I don't follow Twitter at all, but my friend Greg was telling me about some great "tweets" by Casting Crowns singer Mark Hall. Briefly, he talked about how we need to trust that God will bring us through whatever storms we're going through. When plan A doesn't seem to be working, we make up our own plan B and begin to follow that. Instead, we need to trust that God will bring us through plan A; that's what he made it for.

- Catherine and I have been seriously pursuing buying our first home. Though we still have some financial hurdles to jump, we're still praying over it and pursuing it hard. The only other hurdle is whether we feel God calling us to "go" somewhere else. We've been mildy talking about moving to Calgary, but that possibility seems miles away (both figuratively and literally).

- I love playlists. My sister-in-law, Angela, gets married in a few weeks and I'm providing the music... she's chosen some great tunes for her ceremony:
Sail Away - David Gray
Reign in Us - Starfield
Beautiful One - Jonny Lang
The World Spins Madly On - The Weepies

- I now materialism and consumerism isn't a biblical virtue, but I really want the new iPhones. Anyone wanna take over my cell phone contract with Bell? 1 year left @ $45/month. I'll even pay you $20 to take it over!

- Noah is doing well at his new daycare provider. Stephanie is a wonderful baby-sitter and Noah is meshing well with the new kids. No 2-year-olds to beat him up with drumsticks anymore! No but, he's doing well. It's taken him some time to get used to the busy atmosphere, but praise God for providing us with a place he enjoys.

- I was stoked to get back to playing softball tonight, but rain cancelled the game (again) and we'll have to continue our 7-game losing streak later on this week. We're 0-7 with a -75 in points for/points against, but I am batting a sold .344 which is great since I sucked at baseball when I was a kid.

- God has been really good to Catherine and I lately. Just in our relationship, His provision, and guidance. Even though we're struggling to grasp His purpose and will in our lives right now, we do believe that we're right where He wants us to be and will continue to show us "the way" as we move on.

I hope to blog soon

No comments: